- Dowel Clamps: As the name suggests, these clamps are specially designed for doweling. They have a unique design that allows you to align and hold the pieces being doweled together, ensuring that the holes match up perfectly.
- Right Angle Clamps: These are great for doweling projects that require perpendicular joints. The clamp holds the pieces at a 90-degree angle, ensuring that the dowel holes align perfectly. Some of these clamps also come with dowel drilling guides.
- Bar Clamps with Doweling Attachments: These clamps are regular bar clamps but come with special attachments or jigs for doweling. They help in holding longer workpieces and ensure that the dowel holes are drilled in a straight line.
- Joint Clamps: These are used for edge joining boards. They apply even pressure along the joint, ensuring that the dowels fit snugly and the joint is secure.
Advantages of Using Specific Doweling Clamps:
- Accuracy: These clamps ensure that the dowel holes align perfectly, leading to tight and secure joints.
- Versatility: Each type of doweling clamp is designed for specific applications, ensuring that you always have the right tool for the job.
- Durability: Given that these clamps are designed specifically for doweling, they are built to withstand the pressures and stresses of the task, ensuring longevity in the joints they help create.
- Ease of Use: Doweling clamps, especially those with drilling guides, make the task of doweling much simpler and more efficient.